|Additional information about this job:|
BTCC POOL DIRECTOR
Updated: January 2017
The Burning Tree Country Club is seeking an experienced, organized, service-oriented and creative Pool Director to oversee and manage all pool-related responsibilities: hiring and managing pool staff including lifeguards and coaches for aquatics sports, maintaining the pool facility, and organizing social events in that department. The Pool Director will plan, develop and evaluate programs that interest and encourage members of all levels of ability and age groups to participate while maintaining high safety standards and encouraging a culture of excellence. The Pool Director will work closely with Club management and staff as well as the Pool Committee and Camp Committee. This is a seasonal position each year, but it allows for pre-season planning and staffing as well as after-season reporting and planning. We would like to hire someone who is interested in a long-term seasonal position at the Burning Tree Country Club.
Starting January through March:
• Act as a liaison and coordinate meetings among Management, Head Swim Coach, Camp Director, Catering Manager, Pool Committee and Camp Committee members to plan the upcoming season. Examples: practice schedules, competition schedules, camp schedules, traditional as well as new and inviting social events.
• Hire all pool staff, e.g., lifeguards, coaches for aquatic sports.
• Identify supply needs.
• Launch marketing plan to recruit children and continue it throughout the season – e.g. submit write-ups for newsletter, update website, send emails to members, among other efforts/duties.
• Promote and handle on-line registration of participants in the aquatics programs.
May to September:
• Certify all staff, provide ongoing staff training throughout the summer to ensure a safe and positive environment for members, hold weekly or bi-weekly meetings, and handle all disciplinary actions and training/coaching.
• Prepare pool facility and provide proper staffing for practices, competitions and social events around the pool including parent volunteers.
• Work with the accounting department regarding:
o Payroll – e.g. salaries of coaches, hours worked by lifeguards.
o Member billing for private swim lessons and apparel/equipment sales.
o Member billing for aquatics programs by working with coaches to submit roster of participants.
• Coordinate private swim lessons for members and their families with pool staff and coaches
• Send regular email communications to members regarding all pool events and changes in the schedule, e.g., practices, competitions, social events.
• Maintain bulletin board and post practice, competition, adult lap swim and social event schedules and information; rules at the pool; staff names and photos; special event notices; and event photos.
• Ensure that the pool, pool equipment, pool facilities including the locker rooms and areas around the pool are clean, sanitary and orderly during regular hours, competitions and special events
• Open, maintain and close pool seasonal operations within approved budget, look for ways to improve the aquatics program within reasonable budgetary guidelines, and recommend capital expenditures to ensure best practices of operation.
• Ensure pool operation is in compliance with all state and local codes, and that the filtration system function and chlorination and PH levels are observed.
• Attend manager’s weekly meetings as requested, perform other tasks as delegated by the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager, and ensure the Assistant General Manager and General Manager are informed of any issues or necessary contingencies.
• Maintain high level of customer service focus and commitment that exemplify a culture of service excellence expected at an exclusive private country club.
The Pool Director, with the support of his team, should work together with the pool and camp staff to create an environment where families feel safe while having fun; rules are respected by all; and coaches and lifeguards are dependable, responsible, attentive and service-oriented on deck. All issues and complaints should be resolved with decorum and respect towards members at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, Credentials:
• 4-5 years’ experience in pool and staff management.
• Bachelor’s degree with major/concentration in related and appropriate field.
• Well-defined member service dedication.
• Effective presentation, teaching and communication skills
• Strong marketing, organizational and computer skills
• Current certifications in:
o First Aid and Lifesaving
o Water Safety/Lifeguarding certification
o Water safety instructor (WSI)
o LG/CPR, CPO and AED
• Current driver’s license, auto insurance and clear DMV record.
• Pluses: Certified Pool Operator’s, ASCA Level 2 Swim Lesson Instructor Training, StarGuard or Ellis Certifications, LGI (to train staff).
• Hours may vary and may extend beyond 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week; will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Majority of the time will be spent outdoors in/around pool area in varying temperatures and conditions during the season.
• Ability to handle water rescue, substitute lifeguard duties and maintain the pool is required.
If you are interested in an opportunity to make a genuinely positive impact in Burning Tree Country Club’s aquatics program and have the required qualifications, please submit your resume, 2-3 references letters and a cover letter to Charles Torrance, CCM (General Manager) at email@example.com and M. Alfredo Jara, CCM (Assistant General Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Job Available: 2017 Season (pre-season; May through September)
Management Position: Yes
Bonus Plan: Yes
Work Permit Needed: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.