|Additional information about this job:|
The Lifeguard is responsible for assuring the safety of swimming pool users by preventing and responding to emergencies. In addition, the Lifeguard is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance of the swimming pools, surrounding decks, furniture, equipment, pool pavilion, locker rooms, and playground.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations.
2) Enforce all club policies, rules and regulations.
3) When assigned, complete all necessary records and reports, including but not limited to the daily pool maintenance checklist and the pool chemical test log.
4) When assigned, report any pool chemical abnormalities or problems to the Pool Manager on Duty or Head Lifeguard.
5) Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the main pool, kiddy pool, surrounding pool deck and equipment, tables & chairs, pool pavilion, locker rooms and playground.
6) Assist with the set-up and clean-up of club aquatics events and social events.
7) Cover the pool office front desk when assigned by the Pool Manager on Duty or General Manager.
8) Adhere to club rules and standards, and maintain a high level of professionalism.
9) Notify Pool Manager on Duty or General Manager of any member concerns or complaints.
10) Complete any additional duties as assigned by the Pool Manager on Duty or Head Lifeguard.
1) CERTIFICATIONS: American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid / CPR / AED certification.
2) EXPERIENCE: Must have thorough knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
3) LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to speak effectively to adults and children.
4) MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
5) REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to solve problems and identify safety concerns while actively monitoring club members to prevent hazards such as slipping, drowning and other potential injuries.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
1) Must be member service oriented, accurate, self-motivated, and be able to use time efficiently.
2) Must be willing to work irregular hours, shifts, holidays or weekends as required.
3) Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more and have high endurance for frequent walking, standing, kneeling, sitting and swimming.
4) Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
5) Must be willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions.