|Additional information about this job:|
Responsibilities and Duties:
January – April:
1) Working with the General Manager and Pool Operations Manager in developing a plan for operating and managing the pool facilities, and identifying pool related equipment, supplies and chemical needs.
2) Assisting the Pool Operations Manager with lifeguard interviews as needed.
May – September:
1) Assisting the General Manager and Pool Operations Manager with getting the pool and pool pavilion areas ready for opening day (the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend).
2) Creating an environment at the pool where: families feel safe while having fun; rules are respected by all; lifeguards are dependable, responsible, attentive and service-oriented on deck; and the front desk attendant is knowledgeable of club programs and events, attentive and service-oriented.
3) Responding to medical emergencies that occur at the pool, in or around the pool pavilion, or on the playground.
4) Ensuring First Aid, CPR, emergency and other safety procedures are available and accessible at all times during pool operating hours.
5) Enforcing all Club rules, policies, and regulations.
6) Maintaining professional, respectful relationships and interactions with the Club members, Board of Governors, staff, outside vendors and contractors. This is a key “Pool PR” position in visibility and impact.
7) Ensuring the entire pool facility is clean and safe, including the upper and locker pool pavilion decks, main pool, kiddy pool, pool decks, pool office, bathrooms and locker rooms, and playground. This requires hourly walk-around inspections and assignment of maintenance tasks as needed.
8) Ensuring high standards of pool cleanliness, water clarity, temperature regulation and proper chemical levels. This includes monitoring the pool water per established schedule, ensuring the pool conditions (chlorination and PH levels) are in compliance with all state and city codes, and the pool filtration system is functioning properly.
9) Supervising the lifeguard and pool office staff while on duty.
10) Instilling attention to safety and discipline with lifeguards by communicating and enforcing established safety policies, procedures and practices.
11) Maintaining lifeguard and pool office staff rotations and ensuring breaks are worked into the rotations in a consistent, timely and understood manner.
12) Working closely with the aquatics staff in promoting aquatics activities and programs.
13) Assisting the General Manager, aquatics coaches, and aquatics and social chairpersons with coordination of afternoon and evening aquatics events and club activities including, but not limited to, swim/dive meets, water polo games, aquatics team socials, and club socials.
14) Communicating regularly with the General Manager and the Pool Operations Manager regarding pool safety, lifeguards, facilities maintenance, and membership issues.
15) Performing a variety of administrative duties including, but not limited to, answering the phone, greeting members at the pool entrance, e-mailing, and ordering office supplies.
16) Performing a variety of maintenance duties including, but not limited to, setting up chairs & tables for birthday parties and club functions, picking up trash & garbage, assisting with facility cleaning when necessary, etc.
17) Providing information to members and prospective members about the swim facility and aquatics instructional and team programs.
Qualifications and Skills:
1) Age 21+.
2) 1+ years of managerial experience.
3) Possess current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications. Lifeguard certification a plus.
4) Possess current CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certification. If needed, Club will pay the certification costs for the right candidate.
5) Must be available to work a minimum of 5 days per week (6 days is ideal), including 1 weekend day.
6) Strong organizational and computer skills.
7) Excellent member service and communication skills.