|Additional information about this job:|
The Head Lifeguard is responsible for assuring the safety of swimming pool users by preventing and responding to emergencies and by the on-site supervision of lifeguards. In addition, the Head Lifeguard is responsible for assisting the Pool Operations Manager and/or Pool Manager on Duty with maintaining a high standard of cleanliness of the swimming pools, surrounding decks, furniture, equipment, pool office pool pavilion and playground.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as liaison between the Pool Operations Manager and the lifeguard staff.
• Assist the Pool Operations Manager with scheduling of the lifeguard staff.
• Assist the Pool Operations Manager with overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of the main pool, wading pool, surrounding pool deck, furniture & equipment, pool office, pool pavilion and playground.
• Perform daily safety/cleanliness inspections of pool facility. Analyze and correct hazards as applicable and report hazards and corrective steps taken to the Pool Operations Manager.
• Monitor all chemical readings and mechanical operations of pool. Correct or report any chemical abnormalities or mechanical problems immediately to the Pool Operations Manager and/or Pool Manager on Duty. Assist with clearing pool and closing facility if situation is uncorrectable and presents a safety hazard to members.
• Oversee pool operations records and reports, including but not limited to lifeguard staff time sheets, daily pool maintenance checklists, pool chemical test results, accident reports, and member sign-in sheets.
• Assist the Pool Operations Manager and/or Pool Manager on Duty with ensuring lifeguards perform required duties, adhere to club rules and standards, and maintain a high level of professionalism.
• Assist the Pool Operations Manager with lifeguard training.
• Assist Pool Operations Manager with the review and evaluation of lifeguard staff performance.
• Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations.
• Enforce all club policies, rules and regulations.
• Cover the pool office front desk as assigned by the Pool Operations Manager, Pool Manager on Duty, or General Manager.
• Assist with set-up and clean-up of club aquatics events and social events.
• Notify Pool Operations Manager, Pool Manager on Duty, or General Manager of any member concerns or complaints.
• Complete any additional duties as assigned by the Pool Operations Manager or Pool Manager on Duty.
• EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year of paid lifeguard experience; head or senior lifeguard experience a plus. Must have thorough knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques. Demonstrated ability to perform job duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision.
• CERTIFICATES: American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid/CPR/AED certifications. Successful completion of Water Safety Instructor and Lifeguard Management courses a plus.
• LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to speak effectively to adults and children, as well as in front of a group.
• MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to solve problems and identify safety concerns while actively monitoring lifeguard staff, club members and guests to prevent hazards such as slipping, drowning and other potential injuries.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be member service oriented, accurate, self-motivated, and be able to use time efficiently.
• Must be willing to work irregular hours, shifts, holidays or weekends as required.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more and have high endurance for frequent walking, standing, kneeling, sitting and swimming.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions.