|Additional information about this job:|
The Greenwich Country Club is seeking an experienced, organized, service-oriented and creative Pool Manager to oversee and manage all pool-related responsibilities: hiring and managing pool staff including lifeguards and aiding head coach in hiring assistant coaches for aquatics sports, maintaining the pool facility, and organizing social events. The Pool Manager will plan, develop and evaluate programs that interest and encourage members of all levels of ability and age groups to participate while maintaining high safety standards and encouraging a culture of excellence. The Pool Manager will work closely with Club management and staff as well as the Pool Committee and Camp Committee. This is a seasonal position each year but it allows for pre-season planning and staffing as well as after-season reporting and planning. We would like to hire someone who is interested in a long-term seasonal position at Greenwich Country Club.
- Act as a liaison and coordinate meetings among Management, Head Swim Coach, Camp Director, Catering, Pool Committee and Camp Committee to plan the upcoming season starting in January, e.g., practice schedules, competition schedules, camp schedules, traditional as well as new and inviting social events
- Hire all lifeguarding staff, and assist Head Aquatics Coach in hiring sport specific and assistant coaches
- Identify supply needs
- Launch marketing plan to recruit pool participation among membership and continue it
throughout the season, e.g., submit write-ups for newsletter, update website, send emails to members
May to September
- Certify all staff, provide ongoing staff training throughout the summer to ensure a safe and positive environment for members, hold weekly or bi-weekly meetings, and handle all disciplinary actions with staff
- Prepare pool facility and provide proper lifeguard staffing for practices, competitions and social events around the pool
- Work with the accounting department regarding: Payroll, e.g., hours worked by lifeguards, Member billing for apparel/equipment sales
- Send regular email communications to members regarding all pool events and changes in the schedule, e.g., weather closures, social events
- Maintain bulletin board and post practice, competition, adult lap swim and social event schedules and information; rules at the pool; staff names and photos; special event notices; and event photos
- Ensure that the pool, pool equipment, pool facilities including the locker rooms and areas around the pool are clean, sanitary and orderly during regular hours, competitions and special events
- Open, maintain and close pool seasonal operations within approved budget, look for ways to
improve the aquatics program within reasonable budgetary guidelines, and recommend capital expenditures to ensure best practices of operation
- Ensure pool operation is in compliance with all state and local codes, and that the filtration
system function and chlorination and PH levels are observed
- Attend managerís weekly meetings as requested, perform other tasks as delegated by the
General Manager and/or Clubhouse Manager, and ensure the Clubhouse Manager and General Manager are informed of any issues or necessary contingencies.
- Maintain high level of customer service focus and commitment that exemplify a culture of
service excellence expected at an exclusive private country club.
The Pool Manager, with the support of the Head Aquatics Coach, should work together with the pool and camp staff to create an environment where families feel safe while having fun; rules are respected by all; and coaches and lifeguards are dependable, responsible, attentive and service- oriented on deck. All issues and complaints should be resolved with decorum and respect towards members at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, Credentials
- 4-5 yearsí experience in pool and staff management
- Bachelorís degree with major/concentration in related and appropriate field
- Well-defined member service dedication
- Effective presentation, teaching and communication skills
- Strong marketing, organizational and computer skills
- Current certifications in:First Aid and Lifesaving, Water Safety/Lifeguarding certification, Water safety instructor (WSI) or equivalent o LG/CPR, CPO and AED
- Current driverís license, auto insurance and clear DMV record
- Pluses: Certified Pool Operatorís, ASCA Level 2 Swim Lesson Instructor Training, Star Guard or Ellis Certifications, LGI (to train staff)
- Inspect, Monitor and perform various pool tasks needed. Including the controlling of Chemical hazards, Chemical checks and troubleshooting various maintenance issues.
- Hours may vary and may extend beyond 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week; will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Majority of the time will be spent outdoors in/around pool area in varying temperatures and conditions during the season
- Ability to handle water rescue, substitute lifeguard duties and maintain the pool is required.
If you are interested in an opportunity to make a genuinely positive impact in Greenwich Country Clubís aquatics program and have the required qualifications, please submit your resume, 2-3 references and cover letter of interest to either Hagen Freihoff (GM) or Mike Almonte (CM) at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Job Available: 2018 Season (Pre-Season; May through September) Management Position: Yes
Bonus Plan: Yes
Management Position: Yes
Work Permit Needed: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.