|Additional information about this job:|
We are seeking an experienced, organized, and service-oriented Pool Director to manage pool-related responsibilities, including but not limited to:
* Coordinating the daily opening and closing of the club’s pool facilities.
* Hiring, scheduling, training and managing certified lifeguards.
* Hiring, scheduling and managing aquatics instructors.
* Managing the pool office and the front desk administrator(s).
* Overseeing the daily maintenance of the main pool, kiddy pool, pool pavilion & playground area.
* Assisting the aquatics team coaches with organizing and managing team meets/games and social events.
This is a seasonal position (Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend), but it requires time for pre-season planning and staffing as well as post-season reporting and planning. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in a long-term seasonal position.
The Pool Director will report directly to the General Manager (GM) and will work closely with the aquatics staff as well as the Aquatics committee chairpersons.
Knowledge, Skills, Credentials:
* 2+ years’ experience in pool and staff management.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills – able to interact professionally and effectively with members and staff.
* Effective leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
* Computer experience with Excel and Word.
* Pluses: Certifications in Pool Operations (CPO), Water Safety Instruction (WSI), Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, and AED.
* Hours may vary – may extend beyond 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. Will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
* Majority of the time will be spent outdoors in and around a pool area in varying temperatures and conditions.
* Must be able to: Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds; Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds; Swim in 12+ feet of water.