|Additional information about this job:|
The Lifeguard is responsible for assuring the safety of swimming pool users by preventing and responding to emergencies. In addition, the Lifeguard is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance of the swimming pools, surrounding decks, furniture, equipment, and pool pavilion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations.
2) Enforce all club policies, rules and regulations.
3) When assigned, complete all necessary records and reports, including but not limited to the daily pool maintenance checklist and the pool chemical test result log.
4) When assigned, report any pool chemical abnormalities or problems to the Head Lifeguard or Pool Operations Director.
5) Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the main pool, kiddy pool, surrounding pool deck and equipment, pool pavilion and locker rooms.
6) Assist with the set-up and clean-up of club aquatics events and social events.
7) Cover the pool office front desk when assigned by the Pool Operations Director or General Manager.
8) Adhere to club rules and standards, and maintain a high level of professionalism.
9) Notify Pool Operations Director or General Manager of any member concerns or complaints.
10) Complete any additional duties as assigned by the Head Lifeguard or Pool Operations Director.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 6 months of paid lifeguard experience. Must have thorough knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques. Demonstrated ability to perform job duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to speak effectively to adults and children.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to solve problems and identify safety concerns while actively monitoring club members to prevent hazards such as slipping, drowning and other potential injuries.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid/CPR/AED.